Bevin "Did Not Respond to Requests For Comment."
News broke yesterday that Matt Bevin voted for a white supremacist candidate for President — but perhaps the most telling element of the article is that his campaign "did not respond to requests for comment,” refusing to come clean with Kentucky voters just like he’s refusing to release his tax returns.
In the 15 days since Bevin broke Kentucky’s bipartisan tradition and refused to disclose his taxes, he’s faced a series of escalating scandals surrounding his finances, including: his failure to pay his taxes on time at least 10 times, his “possible ethics violation” for failing to disclose controversial companies on state documents and his Common Core hypocrisy.
And now that he’s refusing to address his latest controversy, he’s only raising the same simple question: what else is Matt Bevin hiding?
Notice a pattern:
- Lexington Herald-Leader: "Bevin's campaign did not respond to requests for comment Wednesday.” [Lexington Herald-Leader, 6/24/15]
- Associated Press: "Bevin’s campaign did not immediately respond to requests for comment Wednesday about his support for Peroutka’s presidential campaign.” [AP, 6/24/15]
- Courier-Journal: "The spokesman for the Bevin campaign did not immediately respond to a phone message and email seeking comment.” [The Courier-Journal, 6/24/15]
- CN2: "Bevin’s campaign did not return phone and email messages seeking comment.” [CN2, 6/24/15]
- Lexington Herald-Leader: “Bevin…did not have an immediate comment.” [Lexington Herald-Leader, 6/25/15]