100 Days before Election Day, Obama for America is Holding More Than 4,200 Events Nationwide to Engage Supporters and Help Reelect the President
Election Day is just 100 days away, and it’s going to take every single person to make a difference in this election. It could come down to just a few votes in a single state, and even one conversation could make the difference between moving forward with President Obama and falling backward with Mitt Romney.
- Mitt Romney’s economic scheme is familiar and troubling: more budget-busting tax cuts for the wealthiest and fewer rules for Wall Street – the same formula that benefitted a few, but crashed our economy and devastated the middle class.
- President Obama has a vision for a job-creating economy built to last and built from the middle out – where hard work pays off, responsibility is rewarded, and everyone gets a fair shot, does their fair share and plays by the same rules.
Weekend of Action: This weekend we’re holding more than 4,200 events across the country, rallying volunteers at field offices and speaking with supporters in their neighborhoods, at barber shops, restaurants and churches.
- We’re asking folks to get the word out in communities across America and get supporters fired up about the President’s vision for moving our country forward.
- All these rallies, visits and conversations will help engage every supporter and ensure they commit to helping grow our organization at the grassroots level.
- No one should ever underestimate the impact their voice can have on our future. This campaign’s strength has always come from the millions of grassroots supporters nationwide who are organizing their communities every day.
It Takes One: We’re also asking supporters to start by doing one thing to help grow our campaign – from registering one new voter to recruiting one more volunteer to be bringing one more friend to the next campaign event. It’s part of the campaign’s It Takes One initiative, which First Lady Michelle Obama launched last week.
- For more information, go to www.barackobama.com/one.
- For information about getting registered to vote, go to www.gottavote.org.
Moving America Forward: If we all commit to doing at least one thing to organize our communities, the combined impact will ensure that President Obama can keep moving this country forward for another four years.