Obama for America Launches Latinos for Obama
- Latinos will be a deciding factor in this election – and the outcome will have a long-lasting impact on the Hispanic community for years to come. That’s why we’re launching Latinos for Obama, another step in the ongoing conversation about the issues that matter to Latino voters.
- Latinos for Obama is about fighting for a future where everyone who works hard and does their fair share gets a shot at the American dream. Too many Hispanic families have been hurt by a decade of declining wages and unemployment, and the President knows it’s not enough to just recover from the recession. We need to rebuild the economy so that hard work pays, responsibility is rewarded and everyone from Wall Street to Main Street plays by the same rules.
- President Obama is focused on restoring basic economic security to Hispanics and all Americans. He’s doing that by:
Making affordable health care accessible for 9 million currently uninsured Latinos.
Doubling funding for Pell Grants so 150,000 additional Hispanic youth and families will be able to afford a college education.
Safeguarding Social Security and Medicare for the millions of Hispanic seniors who have earned, invested in and depend on these programs
- The goal of the Latinos for Obama program is to promote the President’s accomplishments on behalf of the Latino community, to be a resource for Latinos who want to get involved with the campaign and to increase the number of Latino volunteers working to ensure that the President wins in November.
- Obama for America is also releasing Spanish language radio and television ads this week in Nevada, Florida and Colorado that feature Latino organizers who are active in their communities telling their own stories of support for President Obama.
Please see the campaign’s new Spanish-language ads.
- Our victory depends on people spreading the word by talking to their friends, neighbors and families about the President’s accomplishments – and that’s exactly what members of Latinos for Obama will do. Not only will these conversations lead us to victory in November, but they’ll empower our community for years to come.
- Estamos Unidos – because together, we will make this country greater.