Obama Campaign Releases April Fundraising Numbers
While Mitt Romney’s SuperPAC allies keep flooding the airwaves with negative ads, we’re continuing to build the largest grassroots campaign in American history. By the end of April, more than 1.9 million Americans had donated to own a piece of this campaign.
- Please see this new campaign video on our April fundraising numbers.
Today Karl Rove’s SuperPAC announced a $25 million negative ad blitz in key battleground states. Romney and Rove can try to win this election from the air, but it’ll be won on the ground – block by block and conversation by conversation. We’re building our grassroots movement to win.
Every contribution helps grow our campaign and moves us one step closer to reelecting President Obama so we can keep moving America forward. Last month they helped us:
- Train volunteers, get more folks knocking on doors and registering new voters.
- Open 42 new field offices across the country, in states like Nevada, New Mexico, Florida, Virginia, and Ohio.
Last month, more than 435,000 people donated to help grow our organization, helping us raise more than $43 million in April.
- 169,500 people who hadn’t given before – even in 2008 – decided to donate for the first time last month.
- More than 98 percent of our donations were $250 or less, and the average donation was just more than $50.
They share President Obama’s vision for a job-creating economy that’s built to last, where hard work pays off, responsibility is rewarded, and everyone has a fair shot, does their fair share and plays by the same rules.